Tuesday, October 27, 2009

1st set of images

Ok, I need some help here folks. I want to submit 8 to 12 images to the B&W magazine contest and I want to submit my abandoned house shots, but I have so many different types that Im not at all sure what to post. I can post images that are the most alike and make a series that way. Or I can mix just a few different types together for a more general grouping. Or, I can mix all the types of images together for a grander view of how I see abandoned homes. So what I am going to do is post these images in separate groups here and maybe whoever wants to can help me decide on how to submit my images.

Thanks in advance to all those who helped out!

First group. This is the largest of the groups. This group is mostly frame in frame shots taken from outside the home.























2 comments:

Kelly said...

Wow, this is overwhelming. I love them all, and find them all very successful. It's difficult for me to choose this way though. I find it impossible without having all of the images clearly visible at once (either on the wall or in Bridge--preferable the wall) to make choices like this. I guess my suggestion would be to take out the images you find the weakest across the board, then see if there's something more connecting the ones you like the most.

Perhaps a better way of phrasing that would be: choose 15 or so you like the MOST, then find a cohesiveness in them, then whittle it down to your 10 favorites.

As far as what cohesiveness is, that's a really subjective thing. Sometimes a strong theme makes a group of images stronger, and sometimes it's too repetitive. Try lying your favorites out and see if there's some sort of underlying string that connect them all in a strong way.

Erin McGuire said...

Very good advice Kelly, thank you so much!!! I will do that! And maybe I'll print them all smallish and put them out on the table and see which ones I like the most. I really need to use my printer anyway and I have a tone of crappy paper to use up as well.

Thank you so much again!!!