Friday, January 16, 2009

Setting Sun


This shot was taken using the wide angle accessory for the Lensbaby. When I took this shot, I had no idea there was an aperture ring in the Lensbaby and shot it with an app of 4. Later, when I went to toss the Lensbaby box in the trash, it felt kinda heavy to me so I looked inside and found a little closeable pouch for the lens as well as odd looking device that resembled a tiny bellows with a piece of metal in the end. I looked it up in the instructions and found out that there were other aperture rings inside the round part and that the metal piece on the end was an actual magnet used for removing the metal app rings from the Lensbaby face.

So, I plan to try the sunset shot again using the f8 app ring to see what I get, though I do really like this shot as it is. To me, it reminds me a lot of a picture I would have taken as a kid, had I had a camera then that is, as my family and I traveled to the desert to spend the weekend with family, friends, motorcycles, chilled carrot and celery sticks out of the cooler, melting plastic utensils in the camp fire and a night sky filled with more stars than empty space.

2 comments:

Kelly said...

It has the feeling of somebody moving fast on top of one of those big offroad safari vehicles, out on the serengeti. Remember playing out scenes from Born Free with Mark Blanchard in their family's camper truck? Man, that was fun! Rhinos crashing into the sides, puncturing the doors with their tusks....

Erin McGuire said...

OMG! See, that's exactly what I was talking about, how it reminds me of going camping when I younger. I know that technically its got issues but I still love the pic because it really takes me back to that part of my childhood that I loved.