Friday, January 16, 2009

Setting Sun through Joshua Trees


This shot is was taken using the zone plate accessory for the Lensbaby. I was recently told that some people hate this kind of shot. Seems a strong emotion for a picture but ok. Myself, even though I took the shot, Im not really happy with how large the sunburst is but I wanted to post it to show the effect. I plan to try this zone plate with different app rings in for night time city shots to see what happens to the lights. Should be interesting.

2 comments:

Kelly said...

I've always known the zone plate as a pinhole camera. so I understand the softness, but I don't understand the type of lensflare that it causes (the sunburst). I think it could have some pretty interesting applications.

Oh, and no, I did not purchase the accessory kit for my lensbaby. Don't know why. They might not have had it at the time. ??

Erin McGuire said...

Yeah, it might be new. You cant believe the macro abilities it has. I freaking love it!!!