Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Kyanite Macros

I am really digging macros. I love to just shoot and then see what there is to see after I download the images. I really like these images. They remind me a lot of Chinese watercolors. Two of these images are only edited in PS using traditional darkroom techniques of boosting contrast and dodging and burning but one was altered with an adjustment layer to make part of it a bit more purple.

All shots were taken with the Lensbaby with macro lens attachments. I just sat the kyanite sliver on a box and set it front of a window and snapped away. I FREAKING LOVE PHOTOGRAPHY!!! : )


Storm Over Mountain Lake


Sunrise Over Mountains


Purple Mountains Majesty

5 comments:

Kelly said...

I'm so glad that you're having a great time with your shooting! These images have a sort of stormy and haunting look to them. By using the lensbaby, you are really toying with what is seen with a lens--very different from the naked eye and totally of the camera. I love the mineral kyanite as well. Sort of the poor man's tanzanite, though too soft for most jewelry, it's very pretty and a good collector's stone.

I like this idea of finding landscapes within the stone. It would be nice if you had some in varying colors to base an entire series on.

Erin McGuire said...

Hmmm, maybe I could try tourmaline. That comes in different colors. I also love moon rocks as well. I tried to shoot some desert rose but for some reason Im not liking the results.

Dee said...

I LOVE THESE!

AMAZING!

Erin McGuire said...

Thank you so much Dee! And thank you again for getting me hooked up with the book at A&I. I cant believe Im on the cover. You are so freaking awesome!!!

Erin McGuire said...

Thank you so much Dee! And thank you again for getting me hooked up with the book at A&I. I cant believe Im on the cover. You are so freaking awesome!!!