Monday, February 9, 2009

New Moon Shots

New moon shots, all taken with the Lensbaby. I use the Lensbaby so often because it lets in so much light. Im going to have to get a standard lens one of these days.

The first shot is what greeted me in the morning as I let the dogs out.
The second shot is of the full moon seen from my pillow, on my bed, looking the rolls of the curtains. What is on the left is one of the wrought iron bars of my headboard.
The third shot, and my fav of the three, is the full moon just peeking over the window sill. I just pointed the lens up through the rolls in the curtains as I lie in bed and snapped the shutter as soon as I saw the moon. To me it looks like a black and white of the setting sun on the ocean.




2 comments:

Kelly said...

Ah, the surrealists would be proud. My favorite is the middle one. It is so abstract. Really nice shots, all of them. What was your ISO set at? I don't know if I've ever tried shooting something like this--such low light, but it's essentially daylight (sunlight reflected off the moon), so the color is right, but I'm not seeing any of the ugly noise you get with a high ISO setting. How wide is your Lensbaby wide open? I think the fastest lens I have is f1.4 or something like that.

Erin McGuire said...

It was the lensbaby, wide open, no ap ring inserted. The ISO was 400. Funny, I always forget to check that. Thats what is so freaking awesome about the lensbaby. I can shoot in very low light on 400 and still get shots. Oh, and I always have low light noise reduction on in camera. Dont know how big a difference that makes but I wanted to mention it. I really want to get a 1.4 lens. Found one on BH for 119 bucks that has really good reviews. I have to wait to see if I can afford it later though.

And thank you for the wonderful compliments! You know, I still havent quite figured out what it is I like best to shoot but right now its pretty much anything I see in a window that has pretty light. I never thought about surrealism! LOL! Now I have to go see surrealist photographs. I didnt even know there was such a thing, though maybe I did because Im not surprised to hear about them.